Lost: Ji Yeon
I usually write my Lost recaps Friday morning. I can focus better that way—with a few hours of sleep under my belt. But tomorrow are big goings on in our house, so I’m up at the wee hours of the night typing my Lost love.
And I’m very excited. So, let’s just jump right in and let me squeal a little about what we discovered this week…so if you didn’t watch…well, just close your eyes…
WE KNOW THE SPY ON THE BOAT!
WE KNOW THE FINAL OCEANIC SIX!
WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO SUN’S BABY!
Now, are you ready to see how all that went down? Then click through below the cut.
Sayid and Desmond are still locked away in the sickbay. After a lovely meal of canned lima beans, they are invited to visit the Captain. Just before this happens, a freakishly written note is delivered via the vent on their door. It reads, “Don’t trust the Captain.” As Dr. Scary Teeth (have you noticed his teeth?!) delivers them to the captain, they notice a very disturbed looking woman, Regina (remember her from the phone?) wearing chains around her neck. Huge chains a la Scrooge’s Marley. She jumps over the side of the boat and Desmond and Sayid rush to the side of the boat to save her but NO ONE ELSE MOVES. The captain, Gaunt steps out and orders everyone back to their posts.
He then introduces himself like nothing happened. Sayid cannot handle this (have you noticed his soft spot for women who need help?). He demands to know what’s going on. And our captain is surprisingly forthcoming. Here’s just a few things he lets Sayid and Desmond in on:
1. The boat belongs to Charles Widmore.
2. He has the blackbox for Oceanic Flight 815.
3. This blackbox was salvaged from the wreckage IN the ocean. The same wreckage that had the pilot and ALL 324 DEAD passengers on it.
4. He concludes (admits? knows?) the wreckage & the salvaging was staged. He rhetorically asks how much money & manpower something like that would take.
5. This is the reason they (the freighter folks) want BENJAMIN LINUS.
Lots of questions here! We’ll get to these later…
Dr. Scary Teeth leads Sayid & Desmond to their new room, complete with cockroaches and a blood splatter on the wall—just at head level. *shudder* Dr. Scary Teeth calls out for Johnson to mop it up. Johnson, at the end of the hall with a mop and bucket refuses. Dr. Scary Teeth demands he cleans it up now. Slowly Johnson walks down the hall, then steps into the light to reveal a very normal looking…
Michael. As in Walt’s Dad. As in the guy that Ben “let” leave the Island about 300 years ago. As in what-the-heck-is-he-doing-on-the-boat-obviously-under-Ben’s-rule-without-Walt.
Sayid and Michael pretend to not know each other. (Unless Michael is a time traveler like Desmond and really doesn’t know Sayid? I doubt it.) He introduces himself as Kevin Johnson. And that’s the end of the freighter story. Probably for the next 5 episodes.
Now. Let’s sidetrack here and talk about 2 freaky freighter folks.
1. Frank, the pilot. The very first scene of the episode is him walking from the heli (maybe?) and intercepted by wife-beater guy. He asks, “You ready?” Frank looks sad? Resigned? Uncomfortable? And says, “I’ll be up.” As he walks away wife-beater guy turns around and says threateningly , “Don’t be late, Frank.” Later when Sayid & Desmond are walking on the deck to meet the Captain, the helicopter is gone. They ask about it and Dr. Scary Teeth says, “Frank is running an errand.” AN ERRAND? What? Is he picking up some milk and eggs? What in the world?
2. Regina. We already know she turns cuh-razy and jumps of the boat. But she was also guarding Desmond & Sayid in the first scene. When Frank sees her, she is totally dazed and confused (also a little scruffy looking, but who isn’t?). He then tells her that the book she’s reading is upside down. Neither one of them seem terribly upset or weirded out by this news. What is UP with that? Why is everyone going crazy on this boat?
Sun & Jin are having a sweet mommy-daddy conversation about the baby’s name. He wants to name her Ji Yeon. Soon, Kate and Jack arrive. Kate actually gives them a rundown of what happened (this is a first…plus, didn’t Sun & Jin go out looking for Faraday & Lewis with Jake & Kate last week?) at The Tempest. Sun asks if they are really going to be rescued. Kate doubts it. So, Sun does her own interview with Daniel Faraday. She is not happy with his non-answers.
Sun runs back to Jin and tells him, in Korean, to get 2 days worth of food because they are going to Locke’s camp. She runs to Juliet’s tent (or maybe it’s a supply tent) to find some more prenatal vitamins. (Because, yeah, that’s what I’d be thinking about.) Juliet discovers her and realizes Sun is leaving for the (new) others. Juliet tells Sun that she cannot leave because she WILL die. Sun doesn’t believe her.
As Sun and Jin head out to Locke’s camp (via Kate’s hand drawn map…weird…), Juliet comes barreling after them demanding that Sun stay on the beach. When Sun and Jin resist, Juliet tells Jin that Sun had an affair.
I mean, really?!
Was that necessary?
I know I said I was feeling ok about Juliet after last week’s episode, but who does she think she is– Ben? What is up with manipulating people by pulling out their dirtiest secret? It’s revolting!
Of course, Jin is devastated and runs away. As much as I hate it, I was kind of hoping for a Sun-Juliet cat fight. But all we got was a slap to the face.
After a little time apart—Jin with Bernard on the fishing boat and Sun with Juliet on the beach and honestly, some pretty decent conversation, Jin returns to Sun’s tent…with dinner. * sigh * She wants to explain why she had the affair. Jin stops her and confesses that he was a different man before the island. He says anything she did she actually did to that “old” man. He forgives her. But then asks if the baby is really his. She swears it is.
They embrace. I love it.
Now. The FLASH.
We see a beautiful make-uped Sun getting ready. She starts feeling some pain and calls emergency. She asks for an ambulance because she’s pregnant and thinks there is something wrong. I’m still unsure at this point if this is a flashFORWARD. She is wheeled into the hospital and the nurse says, “Is she?” The person wheeling her in says, “Yes, The Oceanic Six.” Oh yeah, it’s a flashFORWARD.
Jin is running through the streets looking for a store. He finds one and begins looking for a toy. He wants a panda. He buys it then rushes out the door on his cell phone, “I’m on my way!”
Sun is in the hospital, in very intense pain. The doctor comes in (not her regular doctor, oh please, don’t be from Dharma!), he realizes the baby is in distress. He asks if she needs him to contact anyone. She just asks for Jin over and over.
Jin is trying to get his huge panda into a taxi. His phone rings, a rude guy jumps into his taxi (with the panda) and takes off. Jin runs after the taxi and is uncharacteristically mad and spiteful. He then goes back to the store and pays about a million dollars for another panda bear.
Sun’s doctor wants to do a c-section. Sun resist and says, “Not till Jin gets here!” But the baby isn’t waiting on it’s dad and begins to crown. A beautiful girl is delivered. (When I saw her I said, “I want one of those!” I am 10 weeks preggo now, but have a feeling my little one won’t come out Korean. Ten weeks, incidentally is when Juliet predicts a woman on the island begins to have shortness of breath that never stops; 11 weeks is when she slips into a coma. Yikes.)
Jin finally arrives at the hospital. He gets to the door and there is a guard there. He bows and says, “I am Jin-Soo Kwon…I represent Paik Automotive.” He delivers the panda to congratulate the Ambassador on his new grandSON and to show him how excited Mr. Paik is to do business with him.
As Jin walks out of the hospital, the nurse asks why he’s leaving so soon. He says, “It’s not my baby…I’ve only been married two months.”
That’s right my friends, Sun was a flashFORWARD but Jin was a flashBACK. How freaky is that?!! (I was wondering why Jin’s hair looked so weird.)
The final FlashFORWARD.
A beautiful and make-uped Sun greets Hurley at the door to her home. He is dressed up and asks if anyone else is coming. She says no. He says, “Good.” He holds the baby, then says, “Well, let’s go see him.”
Then we see Hurley, Sun and the new baby arrive at a CEMETERY. Jin is dead. Buried in Korea. Sun talks to him and introduces the baby, Ji Yeon to him. Very sad and very sweet.
1. Michael is Ben’s man on the boat.
2. The Oceanic Six is Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Sun & Jin. Aaron is not one of the Six (obviously, he wasn’t “technically” on Oceanic 815).
3. They get off the Island in the next 3 weeks. Or else Sun would be dead.
1. Is Jin really an Oceanic Six? How did he die? Maybe Jin’s tombstone was just a memorial stone? I wonder what it said? (According to Lostpedia, the death date said September 22, 2004. That’s the date of the crash. Oh lord.)
2. Who’s the Coffin-guy from Jack’s flashFORWARD? I thought he’d be an Oceanic Six.
3. HOW IN THE WORLD DID MICHAEL GET ON THE BOAT? Where is Walt? What does it mean to be Ben’s man? HOW DID HE GET ON THE BOAT?
4. What is UP with the freighter? Why is everyone going crazy? No one on the Island went this crazy.
5. Did Ben really stage that whole 815 crash underwater? HOW IN THE WORLD? What does Charles Widmore really want? Why does Ben want to stop him? HOW FREAKY IS BEN?! We didn’t even see him this week and he freaks me out. The Captain said this is ONE of many reasons they want Ben. Ew. What in the world has Ben done?
6. How weird is it that Penelope & her dad are looking for the same Island? And Desmond has been there for 3 years. That’s strange. And surely not a coincidence.
7. What is the time line of the flashFORWARDS? I was thinking it was this order at first—Sun/Kate, Hurley, Jack, Sayid. But Aaron has got me off. If Juliet is right, Sun could have only been on the Island a week or two more. That means at least 6-7 months off the Island. But Aaron is only 4 months old. How in the world can he be 2 in Kate’s flashFORWARD? Any insight?
Ben is really Zeus. Or some other kind of omnipotent god.
Actual Random Theory
Jin may or may not be dead. But he is NOT off the Island. He is NOT one of the Oceanic Six. They put up the tombstone as a memorial. Jin is so upset at the gravestone NOT because he’s dead, but because of the terrible thing (see my previous posts) the Oceanic Six did on the Island. She says over and over, “I miss you” because she really does miss him—because he’s on the Island.
What I’d Like To See Next Week
A Locke FlashFORWARD. Ben getting the daylights beat out of him. Michael and Sayid having an open, real and fast-paced conversation.
I loved this episode. I paused it right after they confirmed Sun was one of the Oceanic Six so my husband could get a drink. I almost couldn’t wait long enough for him to refill his glass! Every second of this episode had me worked up. Oh, Lost, how I love thee.
Posted by admin @ 09:46
- Actors Of Disney Movies
- Adventures By Disney
- Animation in Disney Movies
- disney comics in disney movies
- Disney Cruise
- disney dining
- Disney Fandom
- disney film
- Disney History
- Disney movie news
- disney movie photos
- disney movie posters
- Disney Movies
- Disney Movies Online
- Disney Musicals
- Disney News
- disney television
- Disney Top 10
- Disney Touring Tips
- disney vacation
- disney world
- Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Disneyland Resort
- DVD Disney Movies
- Fan Video Of The Week in disney movies
- Fan Websites
- Film Disney Movie
- Film Production in Disney Movies
- Florida Attractions
- High School Musical
- theme park maps
- Themepark Attractions
- Themepark Attractions
- Walt Disney Studios
- Walt Disney Theme Parks
- Temmuz 2014
- Ağustos 2013
- Temmuz 2012
- Haziran 2012
- Temmuz 2011
- Ocak 2011
- Eylül 2010
- Kasım 2009
- Ekim 2009
- Eylül 2009
- Ağustos 2009
- Haziran 2009
- Mayıs 2009
- Şubat 2009
- Aralık 2008
- Kasım 2008
- Ekim 2008
- Eylül 2008
- Ağustos 2008
- Temmuz 2008
- Haziran 2008
- Mayıs 2008
- Nisan 2008
- Mart 2008
- Şubat 2008
- Kasım 2007
- Ekim 2007
- Eylül 2007
- Ağustos 2007